DESIGN – I design streamlined websites for business owners who prefer to showcase their products or services with a straightforward, attractive and easy-to-navigate online storefront.
A simple online storefront can effectively display your information and products so that customers and clients will find you, get a sense of the value you offer, get a sense of who you are, and make a connection that will inspire them to return. And this costs under a thousand dollars, thank you very much!
The Platform – I have worked with WordPress for over ten years. I know the platform well and it is the only one I use whenever possible. It is elegant, technically impeccable, always up to date with current technology, and always shows your website properly in all browsers and on all devices.
The Cost – This is another attractive aspect of WordPress: it can cost under $80 per year to have your own domain name + host your website (upgrades available for shopping cart and marketing functions). I do not add fees to that cost. My only fee is based on my time to build your site (and update or manage it as desired).
MAINTENANCE – Website maintenance is one of the first aspects of your online storefront to impact your business. Design and maintenance are inseparable. It’s a matter of service. I’ve encountered business owners who paid thousands of dollars for their websites but could never get updates made on time, or at all. This is common and unacceptable.
My job as your web designer or manager is to stay informed and proactive about your business activity, shop schedule and special offers, to ensure website accuracy and relevance. My goal is to make this process effortless and reliable so that you can trust that your online storefront represents you accurately and elegantly at all times.
Can I Keep My Current Website or Platform?
Yes. As part of my initial estimate (always free), I will determine if I am comfortable working with your current platform to redesign, update or maintain your website as needed. If there is a learning curve, I will learn, unless this represents an unreasonable expense for you, in which case I will gracefully suggest you find someone who is more qualified.
Do You Design Shopping Cart Websites?
Yes. I have worked with retail websites for over 20 years. I’ve worked with Shopify in particular, as well as two custom-designed (not by me) shopping cart websites. My experience designing databases from scratch, as well as my graphic design and copy writing experience, have been invaluable in this area.
Web Design and Management Services Include –
- Full design and layout from scratch.
- Incorporate text you provide, from your current site and/or create original text.
- Keyword research and application based on your audience and industry.
- Search Engine Optimization.
- Adapt images from your previous website.
- Take and adapt photos of product if needed.
- Use of copyright-free images when applicable or needed.
- Alternate text behind all images for SEO purposes.
- Cross-links between pages to help navigation when appropriate.
- Links to outside sources when beneficial and appropriate.
- Visible links to your social media channels.
- Submission to search engines registries at launch and after updates.
- Continued maintenance and updates, if desired.
- Create custom, user-friendly web admin cheat sheets for you and your team, if desired.
© All Rights Reserved – The New England Scribe – 2019